Welcome to Abacus Preschool, Lichfield
We are a small preschool close to Lichfield city centre, providing a warm, friendly and caring environment to welcome children and their families from all over Lichfield and the surrounding area.
We aim to stimulate and encourage each child to learn a range of skills to help them learn and develop through play, and to achieve their full potential working closely with parents and carers in these vital early years. We provide a wide range of inspiring activities to enhance the development and education of all our children using the Early Years Foundation Stage curriculum.
Abacus is administered by a voluntary committee and is a not-for-profit organisation. Our staff are highly experienced with several fully-qualified primary teachers. We provide a high staff:child ratio with a maximum of 20 children in each session.
We have several active links within the community — for example, with St Michael’s Church and Lichfield Library — frequently arranging visits to provide the children with experience of their local community.
If you are interested in coming to see us, please do not hesitate to phone or email to arrange a visit (details below).
- Thank you everyone for being wonderful! You all contribute to making Abacus the best nursery I have ever known. (July 2016)
- The manager and committee members work well together to drive improvement and motivate staff. (Ofsted, 2016)
- Thank you for being wonderful teachers that are lots of fun!
- There are currently five members of staff employed. Of these, three hold qualified teacher status, one holds a qualification at level 5 and one holds a qualification at level 3. (Ofsted, 2016)
- All children, including two-year-old children receiving additional funding, make good progress from their starting points. Children with special educational needs or disabilities make good progress considering their starting points. (Ofsted, 2016)
- Thank you so much for all that you do. You’re all so lovely and kind and have helped E immensely. Nursery is his favourite place to be. (July 2016)
- Staff incorporate a good mix of small group work, whole group time and child-initiated play to help offer a varied and enjoyable session. (Ofsted, 2016)
- Thank you to all for your care and kindness and for the love and support you have given S over the past twelve months. It will never be forgotten. We will treasure all the happy times and remember the effort and careful consideration taken by all. (July 2016)
- Parents report high levels of satisfaction and that their children are happy and make good progress. (Ofsted, 2016)
- Thank you so much for looking after D this year and helping her to grow in confidence and independence. She has thoroughly enjoyed her time with you all and I have always felt certain that she was in good hands.
- Staff work closely with other professionals working with the children to help support their care, learning and welfare. (Ofsted, 2016)
- Thank you for welcoming L and me into your community with such great warmth. Thank you for your hard work and all the passion you bring to your role every day. (July 2016)
- The knowledgeable staff team provides a strong educational programme which helps children make good progress in all areas of their learning. (Ofsted, 2016)
- You provide a warm, caring and nurturing environment that supports and stimulates at the same time; and any child who is able to experience this atmosphere should consider themselves very fortunate!
- Staff take time to get to know parents, children and their home circumstances. They give high regard to their emotional well-being and are responsive to their individual care needs. (Ofsted, 2016)
- Children…are well prepared for school. (Ofsted, 2016)